In person activities

Moderator: MikeS

MikeS

In person activities

Post by MikeS »

Hello Archers,

I have wonderful news to share! Our in-person plan has been approved and we can start in person shooting. However, there are a few things to take care of before we start meeting in person. I need to have an idea of how many youth wish to meet in person.

Before you can meet in person, there will be a mandatory online training that must be complete before you can attend in person. This will cover the COVID safety protocols in place. Some of the topics will include parents are not allowed in the shooting area at all. Only two night leaders and the youth are allowed in the mall space. This is nonnegotiable. Masks must be worn at all times, cleaning and sanitizing protocols, spacing and seating, attestation forms must be completed, and there are other topics to cover.

The days and times for in person are Monday 1-3pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6-8pm. If you are interested, please respond to this email with the day that works best and a second pick. We hope to accommodate first choices, but each night can only have 5 youth a night. Each youth will shoot twice a month on alternating weeks. Once in-person groups are established, they cannot be changed. Shooting on a different night if you cannot make your night is not allowed.

Before returning in person, club dues must be paid. I will meet at the mall space at a date and time TBD after the mandatory online training is completed to accept prorated club fees (normally $50 per youth cash or check only) and cover what day and week (A or B week) the youth will attend.

If you are not interested in returning in person, we will continue to have online options available. We are planning to make some archery equipment online and a few other activities. Another option is if you do have your own equipment and a safe location to practice, you can send a video or ask questions about form or technique to me for feedback.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you want to attend in person activities so we plan accordingly. This has been a crazy year and it will be nice to have some kind of return to normal.

Mike Smith
(360)286-4644
Flaming Arrows 4h Archery Club Leader
USA Archery Level 2 Instructor